Things to Do
Our beautiful community of Southern Vermont offers year-round recreational opportunities. The Farm itself also provides several activities for visitors to experience. Try them all!
Things to do in Southern Vermont:
Fly-Fishing: Learn and Cast
- Summer and Fall Season
- Let us schedule lessons with the top Fly Fishing Guides of the area to teach you the art of Fly Fishing. Our local area is world known for its Fly Fishing, as Manchester is the home of the Orvis Fly Fishing Headquarters and Orvis Fly Fishing School.
Golf at Manchester Country Club
- Summer Season
- Allow us to arrange a tee time for you at one of the most prestigious Country Club courses in Vermont. An eighteen hole round at this primiere course will be one of the most memorable with gorgeous mountain views and a challenging play. Afterwards, enjoy a cocktail or meal at the club's wonderful restaurant, Beech Street Bistro. This course is private and requires proper attire and shoes.
- Spring, Summer, and Fall Months, Snowshoeing in Winter Months
- Enjoy the looped trail ways created and marked throughout the Cold Moon Farm woods. Learn about reading trail maps, observing flora and fauna, and treading lightly while spending time in nature right here at the farm.
- Explore other excellent nearby hikes. Multiple waterfalls and lookouts within a few miles of Cold Moon Farm at Vermont State Parks and other local favorites.
Farm Chores with Our Farmers
- All Year Long
- Ready to be an early riser, and wake with the Rooster? Join Farmers Kevin and Jennifer in the morning or evening for Farm Chores. Watch or milk a dairy goat, feed the herd, collect the eggs, and maybe even frolic with a baby goat or two. Help in the vegetable gardens, learn how animals are cared for, and get your farmer feet wet!
Vermont Farmers Markets
- Spring, Summer, and Fall Months
- All year Long
- Southern Vermont is known for its many antique establishments.