Things to Do
Our beautiful community of Southern Vermont offers year-round recreational opportunities. The Farm itself also provides several activities for visitors to experience. Try them all!
Things to do in Southern Vermont this summer:
Tennis Lesson/Beat the Coach
- Frank Bonte is one of our resident farmers at Cold Moon Farm, but is also the Tennis Pro at the Manchester Country Club. Originally from Bruges, Belgium, Frank is a high performance coach that offers tennis lessons for all levels and ages.
- Frank has 18 years coaching experience and worked with high level players in Belgium. He also did an intensive meditation training in Japan for 7 years. He uses meditation techniques for a natural development and enjoyment of your game.
- Frank is available for private or group lessons. Frank is also available for "BEAT THE COACH" games, where, if you beat Frank, you don't have to pay! Why not enjoy a game at the beautiful MCC courts!?
Charge: $ 100 /hr (court fee included).
Fly-Fishing: Learn and Cast
- Summer and Fall Season
- Let us schedule lessons with the top Fly Fishing Guides of the area to teach you the art of Fly Fishing. Our local area is world known for its Fly Fishing, as Manchester is the home of the Orvis Fly Fishing Headquarters and Orvis Fly Fishing School.
Golf at Manchester Country Club
- Summer Season
- Allow us to arrange a tee time for you at one of the most prestigious Country Club courses in Vermont. An eighteen hole round at this primiere course will be one of the most memorable with gorgeous mountain views and a challenging play. Afterwards, enjoy a cocktail or meal at the club's wonderful restaurant, Beech Street Bistro. This course is private and requires proper attire and shoes.
- Spring, Summer, and Fall Months, Snowshoeing in Winter Months
- Enjoy the looped trail ways created and marked throughout the Cold Moon Farm woods. Learn about reading trail maps, observing flora and fauna, and treading lightly while spending time in nature right here at the farm.
- Explore other excellent nearby hikes. Multiple waterfalls and lookouts within a few miles of Cold Moon Farm at Vermont State Parks and other local favorites.
Farm Chores with Our Farmers
- All Year Long
- Ready to be an early riser, and wake with the Rooster? Join Farmers Sarah, Frank, Matt and little Margaret in the morning or evening Farm Chores. Watch as we milk the dairy goats, feed the herd, collect the eggs, and maybe even frolic with a baby goat or two. Help Sarah in the vegetable gardens, learn how animals are cared for, and get your farmer feet wet!
Vermont Farmers Markets
- Spring, Summer, and Fall Months
- The State of Vermont is filled with some of the best Farmer's Market in the US. Our farms around the area are community supported and everyone seems to revel in a farm-focused and eco-minded culture. Let us send you to the top Farmer's Markets for some of the most delicious locals foods and goods.